Why You Need to Get a Massage In Pensacola
Looking for a massage in Pensacola? Usually, there are two reasons why people would schedule a massage. Firstly, for overall relaxation and general wellbeing of the body. Secondly, to deal with a particular condition, such as pain or reduced ability to move the body. Studies suggest that the best massage therapy could be beneficial in both cases.
You Stand To Benefit From:
- Bodily relaxation
- Succor for tight muscle knots and other body aches and pains
- Boosted energy and vitality
- Better circulation, which nurtures the cells and aids waste elimination
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Relief for nerve compression (sciatica, carpal tunnel)
- Some clinical practices which help with the treatment of scar tissue as well as tears in the ligament, tendon, and muscles
Which Is The Right Type Of Massage For Me?
Massage is the art of kneading and rubbing the body using the hands. During a massage, a therapist exerts mild or strong pressure on the joints and muscles of the body to relieve pain and tension. There are different kinds of massage. And, depending on why you want a massage, some therapies are better suited to you than others. Once you are aware of what you want from a massage, picking a type is easier.
Read on to learn more about the different therapies and which one might be perfect for you.
General Relaxation Massage
This type of massage focuses on relaxing the guest. Its main focus is to give the guest enough time to heal from the stress of everyday life. With a relaxation massage, treatment could include:
- Deeply relaxing, but not painful pressure
- Long smooth gliding strokes which are rhythmic and flowing
- A calming and soothing treatment meant to make you feel relaxed. However, it doesn’t ease chronic pain or any other underlying illnesses
Therapeutic Massage In Pensacola Florida
Massage therapists can work on chronic medical issues that last a long time or acute conditions that are more recent.
These could include:
- Temporomandibular muscle and joint disorder
- Lower back pain
- Repetitive stress injuries resulting from sitting or standing for several hours a day
- Post-surgical scar tissue (requires doctor’s approval)
- Radiating pain
- Cluster headaches, sinus headaches, migraines, and tension headaches
- Frozen shoulder
- Post-inflammation strains and sprains
Hot Stone Massage – Pensacola FL
Hot stone massage involves the use of smooth, hot stones. The massage therapist either places the heated stones on certain areas of your body or holds the stones during the massage. Your muscles are relaxed by the heat and pressure from the stones. The massage therapist is then able to use deeper pressure on those parts without causing discomfort.
Swedish massage is the most popular and widely used style of massage. It consists of an assortment of massage techniques including effleurage (sliding and guiding), Petrissage (kneading), and others to provide complete body relaxation.
CBD Spot Focus Massage
CBD massage helps to ease the tension of the body and mind. Your muscles are relaxed by the oil as the cannabinoids enter your endocannabinoid system through the skin. Because the CBD oil doesn’t contain THC, it won’t make you ‘high,’ but you will enjoy a relaxing afterglow.
Deep Tissue Massage
The deep tissue massage technique is mainly used in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, like sports injuries and strains. Sustained pressure is applied in slow, deep strokes targeting inside layers of connective tissues and muscles. It helps to break up scar tissue and ease muscle and tissue tension.
Myofascial Release – Pensacola Massage
Myofascial Release involves breaking down the tight fascia – a fibrous layer of connective tissue in the body. It is a safe and effective technique involving the application of gentle continuous pressure on the tight fascia to remove pain and restore motion.
Reflexology involves applying varying amounts of pressure on the “reflex areas” of the feet, ears, and hands. This allows a reflexologist to remove energy blockages in the affected areas to promote the general wellbeing of the body.
Some reflex areas of the body are:
- Tips of the toes are reflex areas for the head
- Ball of the foot is a reflex area for the heart and chest
- Arch of the foot is a reflex area for the liver, kidney, and pancreas
- The heel is the reflex area for the lower back and intestines
Trigger Point Therapy
Trigger points are small, tight knots that occur in muscles thereby causing referral pain, such as headaches and muscle strain, in other parts of the body. Trigger point therapy is a targeted approach aimed at releasing painful trigger points. It is usually used along with some therapeutic techniques such as myofascial release treatment or acupressure, amongst others.
Meridian Massage Therapy
The meridian massage is an ageless type of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) usually used in conjunction with other forms of Chinese medical practices like acupressure and Chinese herbal medicine. Meridian massage helps with full-body relaxation and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders resulting from unbalanced lifestyles. It can be used in the treatment of insomnia, migraines, stress, and constipation as well as musculoskeletal pains like carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, and back pain, among others.